Inseego is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and engaged Senior Manufacturing and New Product (NPI) Engineer who will be responsible for manufacturing and quality of products manufactured by Inseego’s Contract Manufacturer (CM) and Outsourced Design & Manufacturing (ODM) partners. He/she will be engaged directly with Asian manufacturing partners and be responsible for manufacturing and quality of new products, manufacturing process verifications, audits, sustaining product quality, process quality, manufacturing yield management, supplier audits and qualification of new and existing suppliers and other related responsibilities. Selected candidate will interact with CM’s, ODM’s, JDM’s personnel and management teams, Inseego Supply Chain Management (Purchasing, Demand & Supply Planning), Engineering (Inseego and Partners), and key suppliers to address manufacturing, process and quality related issues for Inseego 5G and future world class mobile and Fixed Wireless products. As a key member of Inseego Operations Engineering team, he/she will provide critical support in the drive for Design for Quality (DFQ), manufacturability (DFM), value engineering, improved processes and supplier quality. The selected candidate will be a part of Inseego NPI core teams that create the current and next generation of Inseego products. He/she will work closely with every functional area in the company including R&D, Quality, Compliance, SW/FW engineering, Program and Product Management, Marketing and Sales, Information Technology and our global supply base including daily interaction with our CM and ODM partners.
- Participates as contributing member of NPI team involved from the concept to mass production and sustaining product quality and manufacturability throughout its life cycle.
- In close collaboration with R&D, evaluates and develops manufacturing and quality management processes to ensure that Inseego products are manufactured at highest possible quality.
- Audits existing and new suppliers’ facilities and processes to ensure that they meet and exceeds Inseego design, manufacturing, process, and quality requirements.
- Drives development and verification of Manufacturing Process Control Plans, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and overall Product Quality Plan.
- Engages with CM’s and ODM’s design and development engineering during the design cycle to drive design for Quality, Manufacturability, Process and Testability and tooling, to ensure efficient and capable production methods and processes.
- Ensures that manufacturing partners and key suppliers’ capabilities are aligned with evolving Inseego product, manufacturing and quality requirements and takes action to ensure successful product launches and sustaining efforts.
- Ensures that CM / ODM’s manufacturing supply chain meets Inseego quality requirements. Assures that Incoming product Quality and Ongoing products quality meets expected standards and requirements. Works with suppliers and CM partners to ensure that defective material are identified, and corrective actions are taken to address quality of material.
- Performs systemic Root Cause Analysis on material, processes, components in coordination with CM’s and suppliers.
- Performs process and product qualification tasks and capability development activities for contract manufacturing operations and processes. Coordinate manufacturing startup with suppliers to ensure all components and final assemblies achieve critical quality and performance specifications.
- Drives CM/ ODM and suppliers to determine root causes of production related issues and ensures that manufacturing process, tools, and test equipment’s are properly calibrated, maintained and verified throughout product life cycle.
- Achieves product profitability goals by ensuring that product, process, and quality standards are maintained. Constantly searches for ways to improve product and process quality, manufacturability and cost.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Manufacturing, Quality, New Product Introduction and sustaining management of Contract Manufacturing and suppliers.
- Experience in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and product final assembly including PBCA, Flex circuits, Plastics, Metal, Heatsinks, Displays, Connectors, switches, etc.
- Experience in Mid volume Mobile and Industrial IOT products with demonstrated experience in complex assembly manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working and managing primary CM / ODM’s and critical component manufacturers located in Asian countries.
- Ability to efficiently collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Experience in Design for Quality and Manufacturability (DFM), functional dimensioning, tolerance analysis, and parts approval Process (PPAP).
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in Manufacturing, Quality, New Product Introduction and sustaining management of Contract Manufacturing and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in Consumer Devices (CE), including Routers, Fixed Wireless Access Devices, Consumer, and Industrial Mobile and Fixed Wireless IOT devices with complex design and associated manufacturing processes.
- Experience with products requiring complex RF, Wi-Fi design, manufacturing, and quality verification.
- Extensive experience in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and product final assembly including PBCA, Flex circuits, Plastics, Metal, Heatsinks, Displays, Connectors, switches, etc.
- Experience in managing multiple manufacturing and supplier across Asia.
- Experience in high volume Mobile and Industrial IOT products with demonstrated experience in complex assembly manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience in working and managing primary CM / ODM’s and critical component manufacturers located in Asian countries.
- Solid understanding and experience in lean manufacturing and 6-sigma business systems.
- Ability to travel internationally including other Asian countries and USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in an Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing) or equivalent education/work experience.