Headquartered in San Diego, California, Inseego Corp. (Nasdaq: INSG) is an industry pioneer that enables high performance mobile applications for large enterprise verticals, service providers and small-medium businesses around the globe. Our product portfolio consists of Enterprise SaaS solutions and IoT & Mobile solutions, which together form the backbone of compelling, intelligent, reliable and secure IoT services with deep business intelligence. Our solutions are powered by our key innovations in purpose-built SaaS cloud platforms, IoT and mobile technologies including the newly emerging 5G technology.
Job Title: Modem Software Engineer
- Be part of innovative team which designs next generation Cellular 5G routers.
- Closely involve with HW for design, develop and integrating driver for RF front-end wireless chips.
- Design and debug embedded software in C/C++ languages for cellular modems.
- Work on embedded RF Driver for 3G,4G and 5G modem front end IC’s.
- Handle carrier requirements by customizing the modem code and design new features to provide custom solutions for challenging customer requirements.
- Analyze certification issues and provide suitable solutions.
- Work with various cellular test callbox equipment to tune, test and calibrate 5G, LTE and 3G bands.
- Writing unit test cases, design documents and procedure documents.
- Pursue software source code quality goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in cellular wireless system software design, implementation and test.
- 2+ years of experience with development of firmware or RF Driver software using the C programming language, for at least one of the following technologies: WCDMA/HSPA, TD-SCDMA, LTE and 5G.
- Must have experience with building embedded systems code.
- Previous experience with LTE protocol knowledge on IMS, RRC, PDCP, RLC and hands on knowledge of Carrier Aggregation and VoLTE is preffered.
- Experience in debugging analyzing issues with GCF, CE and PTCRB certification.
- Experience with RF test equipment for measurement of power, spectrum, and waveform quality in at least one of 4G or 5G cellular standards.
- Experience with debugging embedded software using an in-circuit emulator (Lauterbach Trace32 JTAG) for an ARM processor.
- Experience with scripting using python.
- Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to meet deadlines, in a fast-changing environment.