Headquartered in San Diego, California, Inseego Corp. (Nasdaq: INSG) is an industry pioneer that enables high performance mobile applications for large enterprise verticals, service providers and small-medium businesses around the globe. Our product portfolio consists of Enterprise SaaS solutions and IoT & Mobile solutions, which together form the backbone of compelling, intelligent, reliable and secure IoT services with deep business intelligence. Our solutions are powered by our key innovations in purpose-built SaaS cloud platforms, IoT and mobile technologies including the newly emerging 5G technology.
We are seeking a Tax Director to join our highly collaborative team. Reporting to Corporate Controller this position will have enterprise-level responsibility for strategic and compliance responsibility for the Company's global tax function. The Tax Director will oversee all aspects of global corporate income tax, sales and use tax, real and personal property tax, VAT, and annual reports/ franchise tax. Manage and optimize key processes such as income tax accounting, compliance, and transfer pricing. Lead the development and implementation of federal, state, and global tax planning strategies and provide technical assistance on various tax issues. Partner with Company management and third-party service providers to ensure policies and processes mitigate risk and proactively identify savings opportunities.
- Execute federal, state, and global tax strategies based on company goal and objectives to minimize the Company's effective tax rate.
- Oversee and/or prepare quarterly tax provisions, tax-related account reconciliations, return-to-provision, and tax footnote for 10K/10Q filings.
- Oversee the preparation, review, and timely and accurate submission of all US federal and state corporate income tax returns reports, and payments.
- Work with Tax professionals on submissions for non-US subsidiaries
- Develop tax forecasts to allow for tax planning and long-range projections of effective tax rates.
- Monitor tax law changes and impact on returns and provision.
- Direct, revise, and design tax processes to ensure efficient operations of the tax function.
- Manage tax-related special projects such as intercompany transactions and contracts, due diligence, formation of new legal entities, etc.
- Supervise and collaborate with tax contractors and consultants.
- Assist in due diligence for business development activities advising on income tax related matters including valuation of acquired net operating losses, input on tax implications of deal structure, and any other relevant tax related matters.
- Oversee and/or prepare indirect tax calculations and filings including franchise taxes, VAT, sales & use tax, and San Diego personal property taxes.
- Effectively manage all tax audits.
- Evaluate ASC 740 (FIN 48) for uncertain tax positions.
- Anticipate internal and external tax compliance challenges or regulatory issues, research implications to the business, and provide recommendations to management.
- Develop long-term vision for the tax function.
- Ensure SOX 404 documentation reflects best practices and procedures for tax processes.
- 10+ years of global corporate tax experience (in public accounting or industry).
- 10+ years general knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- 5 years consumer electronics or manufacturing industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- Understanding of federal, international, and multi-state corporate income taxation
- Technical knowledge of complex tax issues.
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to manage several tasks concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and management skills.
- 15+ years of global corporate tax experience (in public accounting or industry).
- 10 years consumer electronics or manufacturing industry experience
- Advanced credentials (e.g. Masters in Taxation, MBA and/or CPA).
- Strong understanding of federal, international, and multi-state corporate income taxation
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree required